Satchel One for special schools
Satchel One is a fully inclusive online learning platform that integrates with Google Classroom and Microsoft Teams and engages all school stakeholders in the learning process. Our interactive and engaging features help schools to provide a meaningful learning experience for students with learning difficulties and special educational needs. Teachers can assign interactive Quizzes to support learning, reward good student behaviour with custom badges and communicate with parents through notifications and Notice Board announcements.
Show My Homework
Show My Homework
Here's what our customers have to say about us
Keep parents informed
Parental involvement in education is paramount to student progression and with our dedicated parent app, it's easier than ever to involve parents in their child's education. Parents receive notifications about tasks, school announcements and their child's behaviour, empowering them with all the information they need to support their child's learning.
- Parents receive push notifications related to their child’s education
- Give parents full visibility around tasks assigned to their child so they know the work is appropriate and meaningful
- Parents can provide support to their children at home
- Communicate important school announcements to parents via the Notice Board
Promote student independence
Preparing students for adulthood and independent living involves the introduction of personal organisational skills. With Satchel One, schools can choose to provide students with their own Satchel One app, equipped with an easy-to-use and personalised To-do List that allows the individual to see work they've been assigned, helping to build important organisational skills.
- To-do List allows students to begin developing skills for adulthood
- Single Sign On for individual student accounts promotes independence and means no new login details to remember
- Students can see their upcoming lessons, tasks and plan for the day ahead
- Students can receive notifications about task deadlines, feedback and Behaviour points
Always ready for distance learning
When periods of remote learning occur it can be daunting for teachers and families alike, but our online learning tools have been built with remote learning in mind. We supported 1 in 3 UK secondary schools through school closures, so we know what schools and their families need to succeed during difficult circumstances.
- Ensure learning continues during closures by assigning all learning tasks online
- Attach resources and instructions to tasks so students have clear guidance and parents can provide support at home
- Attach video links to specific lessons from Google Classroom and Microsoft Teams for remote learning
- Help families add structure to their days at home with access to online Timetables
- Attach important documents from your MIS, such as Individual Learning Plan information, to Welfare Notes
- Continue motivating students by awarding Behaviour points remotely
Built for individuals
Every student is unique. With Satchel One you can set each student a highly individualised programme of tasks and learning. Tasks can be modified, adapted and reused to make planning for the whole class' individual needs more efficient. Shareable Welfare Notes regarding student wellbeing and imported inclusion data give teachers an overview of any specific needs of children in the class.
- Import inclusion data from your MIS and display on seating plans and access via the Attendance Report
- Create custom Behaviour badges to recognise students’ specific efforts and provide behavioural support
- Create Welfare Notes for individual pupils to share sensitive information with the relevant teachers for additional support
- Tailor assignments to students’ individual needs and easily differentiate tasks
- Set assignments for individual students in your class
- Assign interactive Quizzes and Spelling Tests and make learning fun for pupils
Are you a Google Classroom or Microsoft Teams School?
Satchel One works seamlessly alongside Google Classroom and Microsoft Teams to help schools deliver the complete learning experience. Clever integrations make combined use of these platforms even more powerful. Schools have access to all the tools they need to support student learning, engage parents in the learning process, save teacher time, monitor student behaviour and facilitate distance or blended learning.
- Official Google for Education Partner
- Share Satchel One tasks to Microsoft Teams or Google Classroom
- Single sign-on with your Office 365 or Gmail account
- Access award-winning tools that effectively support classroom management
- Keep parents up to date with events and announcements via the parent app
- Reduce teacher workload with streamlined apps
Used by 1 in 3 UK secondary schools
We’re partners to 1 in 3 secondary schools across the UK, join the Satchel One community today.
Borden Grammar School
Harris Academy South Norwood
Holy Cross Catholic School
Sir John Lawes
St Bonaventure's School
Thorpe St Andrew School
Award winning software
Our innovation and development has garnered industry recognition and, since 2014, we’ve been award-winning every year.
School Business Category
Edtech Innovator of the Year
Whole School Aids for Learning, Teaching & Assessment
Secondary Resource or Equipment - Including ICT
Education Company of the Year
Digital Innovation in the Public Sector
EdtechXRise All Stars award
Speak to a consultant today
Find out how Satchel One can support students and families in your school today.