Why Satchel One and Google Classroom?
As a trusted Google for Education Partner, Satchel One is designed to work alongside Google Classroom to help schools take a holistic approach to education. Integrated use of these two platforms results in an online learning experience like no other.
Use Google Classroom to livestream lessons where necessary and for students’ personal workspace. Depend on Satchel One for complete classroom management, enforcing school behaviour policy, home-school communication, a holistic view of student progression and detailed reports for the whole-school.
The Satchel One and Google Classroom experience
By using both platforms throughout your school, you will be better equipped to support students’ learning and have immediate access to the tools that will help you make school-wide improvements.
Better engagement with parents
- Free dedicated parent app
- Streamline home-school communication
- Give parents access to school resources
- Keep parents updated via notifications
Improve behaviour management
- Easy-to-use points-based reward system
- Set detentions with standardised reasons
- Notify parents on behaviour updates via the app
- Elevate serious behaviour incidents to senior staff
More detailed reports
- Delve into daily absences and attendance data
- Surface assignment results and completion rates
- View all behaviour and detention reports
- View student engagement stats
Complete the learning experience
- Stream and share live lessons
- Encourage collaboration and give feedback
- Set different task types
- Personal workspaces for students and teachers
A holistic approach to learning
- Measure student engagement with task insights
- Support students who have specific needs
- Individual student dashboards
Classroom management made easier
- Cloud-based student timetables
- Create custom seating plans
- Support students’ wellbeing with Welfare Notes
Here’s how customers are using Satchel One and Google Classroom
users logged into their Satchel One account with the Gmail email address
tasks were shared to Google Classroom from Satchel One
Ashton on Mersey SchoolAssistant Headteacher
The great thing about the platform is that it interfaces really well with Google Classroom so it’s really easy to use them together.
Callington Community CollegeHead of Department
We set all remote learning work on Satchel One. It was the 'one stop shop' for students and parents, even if the content was elsewhere (Google Classroom / Mathswatch, etc...)
Canbury SchoolDeputy Headteacher
Homework is set via Satchel One and the link added to Google Classroom. Often using the share to Google Classroom button in Satchel One.
Bridgewater SchoolAssistant Headteacher
Satchel One provides a personalised homework service for pupils alongside a range of other useful tools all the while remaining flexible for more bespoke use.
Distance Learning: Satchel One and Google Classroom in action at Ashton on Mersey School
- 90% student engagement every week during lockdown
- 1200+ lessons set each week during lockdown
- 92% of pupils logged into the Satchel One app every day
- Quizzes assess students understanding of a topic
- 100 online lessons conducted per week
Satchel One and Google Classroom integrations
Clever integrations between the two systems mean schools can enjoy access to all the Google Classroom and Satchel One tools from one login and makes moving between the two seamless and fuss free.
- Log into Satchel One using your existing Gmail accounts
- Link live lessons streamed on Google Classroom on Timetables
- Easily share files with students by attaching them to Show My Homework assignments
- Students can submit work as Google Docs via Satchel One
- Set work on Show My Homework, share to Google Classroom and instantly notify students and parents
- Over 130,000 tasks have already been shared between Satchel One and Google Classroom
Training and Support
Here at Satchel, we pride ourselves on the level of support we offer our customers throughout the entire length of their licence. When any school comes on board, we offer full training and a bespoke roll-out, whilst our help centre is equipped with helpful articles and videos that explain how to get the most out of our platform and Google Classroom integrations.
Not just Google Classroom
Satchel One integrates with Microsoft Teams too. See all the features here.
Speak to a consultant today
Find out how you can use Satchel One and Google Classroom to help support learning in your school today. Fill in the form or give us a call on 020 7197 9550.